Yes, this just happened. And for a few reasons:
1. I heard Arrested Development was making a comeback. You know, the Bluth Original Frozen Banana Stand. I liked and watched the show the first time around, so I am glad it's coming back!
2. I read an interview on McSweeney's Internet Tendency's Interviews With People Who Have Interesting or Unusual Jobs column: Laura Anderson, Making a Living From Bananas. Its about a couple a friends who started a frozen banana stand inspired by Arrested Development.
3. While trying to come up with dinner ideas, I was exploring Food Gawker, where I saw a link to Carpe Season's Arrested Development inspired frozen bananas.
Okay, so I am by no means obsessed with Arrested Development, but there were just too many signs pointing to me making chocolate covered frozen bananas. I mean, chocolate (yum!) with peanuts (yum yum!) covering bananas (triple yum!). You can't go wrong!
dark chocolate chips, melted
roasted peanuts, chopped
(Now, I am not a pro here, I just wing it, so if your an experience cook/baker you'll have a better way of making these and probably better equipment, i.e. double boiler. And you'll probably remember to buy popsicle sticks.)
1. Prep the bananas (take off peels and insert popsicle sticks)
2. Chop peanuts
3. Melt chocolate (without a double boiler, I just put the heat on low and stir constantly)
4. Dip (or in my case, roll) the bananas in the melted chocolate, then in the chopped peanuts.
5. Stick in freezer (for a few hours...until frozen... I think we dove into them after about 3-4 hours. Overnight is probably best.)
Making them was a giant delicious mess. Popsicle sticks are overrated (mainly, because I didn't have any). I just used my fingers and got chocolate everywhere. Then B came home, while I was elbow deep in the chocolate and he jumped right in.
Do I even have to say that these were yummylicious? I mean, of course they were! Just looking at the picture below makes me drool.